Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ok, for real this time...


When I started this thing back in January, I had every intention of working on the things I said I was working on and posting here regularly.  Turns out, I failed at that.  Not due to lack of interest but simply a lack of time.  Well, I've cleared some things off of my plate and now it's time to get back to this.  I just returned from my first GenCon and it was amazing.  I got to spend some quality time with my son and play some great games.  During my time there I was lucky enough to play in a AtomicRobo game with Morgan Ellis and spend some quality time with some Fate luminaries and Evil Hatters (Leonard Balsera, Sean Nittner, Clark Valentine, Mike Olson, and Ryan Macklin to name a few).

I live in Austin, Texas (...yay...) and in January we're scheduled to have a new con on the scene, ChupacabraCon (the Kickstarter is active for a few more days and could use some love).  I have to say that I am really looking forward to having a convention focused on gaming just a short drive from my house.  One of the guests is Leonard Balsera so I’d like to do my part to make sure that Fate (Core and Accelerated) is well represented.

As a result I’m trying to decide what I’d like to run.  At a minimum I’d to run four slots; two Core and two FAE.  That said Atomic Robo should be out by then so that will likely cause me to add more slots or sub in a Robo game for a Core game…or both Core games.

For FAE I am thinking of running a GI Joe game and an A-Team game.  I think both fit the style of FAE very well and are fairly recognizable properties.  For Core I am undecided.  I will certainly run a Robo game based in Texas, possibly dealing with Chupacabras.  For the other, maybe just a generic fantasy game or something post-apocalyptic.  There's also a good chance I might continue work on my Grimm hack from previous posts.  I want the games to be accessible to as many people as possible and show of how awesome Fate really is.  Regardless of what I do, I will post it here for comments, suggestions, and critiques.  I'd like to get a couple of these done in time to run them at MonkeyCon the online convention in October.

I'll be back soon with more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment